I love chocolate! I don’t have much of a sweet tooth otherwise, but chocolate does it for me! I eat pretty healthy most of the time and have tried baking healthy brownies, which turned out…not so great. I’ve been meaning to try some no bake brownie recipes. Since it’s summertime, I figured it would be a good time to try making raw no bake brownies 🙂
This creation is based on a delightfully simple recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie. I’m a fan of RawGuru and Windy City Organics’ other products because they have clean, high quality products with very few ingredients. They recently debuted their CBD chocolate hearts.
CBD is a marijuana compound that helps with anxiety, stress and other issues, but won’t get you high. No weed brownies here! I topped my brownies off with a mix of their CBD hearts and orange chocolate hearts.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooling time: 2 hours in fridge or 30 mins in freezer
Makes: 8 brownies
- 1 cup of loosely packed pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp water
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- Rawtella Beyond Gourmet Raw Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- Sprinkling of Veggimins dark chocolate hearts with CBD
- Sprinkle of Rawmio orange chocolate hearts
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Incorporate the dates, walnuts, 6 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp almond extract, water and salt in a food processor.
- Process all ingredients until the texture is smooth. Scrape down sides as needed and don’t add any extra water.
- Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking pan. I made my brownies in a 9x7x2 inch Snapware container.
- Press the dough into the pan/container firmly to evenly distribute the mixture.
- Spread Rawtella as frosting.
- Scatter the CBD hearts and orange hearts on top of the frosting.
- Refrigerate brownies for 2 hours or freeze for 30 mins to set.
This recipe was simple and definitely hit the sweet spot. I really liked the Rawtella- what a lovely frosting! Nutella is delicious, but packed with questionable ingredients.
They were wonderful with tea the next morning! I love my tea+chocolate and tea+coffee combos.Let me know what you think 🙂 What would you add to this?